POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : House Project : Re: House Project Server Time
2 Aug 2024 02:23:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: House Project
From: Nimish Ajmani
Date: 5 Mar 2008 17:10:01
Message: <web.47cf19ebcfb38859835874580@news.povray.org>

> >> I can help you with slow renders, but unfortunately my system might
> >> cause problems with radiosity... Could be worth a try anyway. Email me
> >> the sources as they are now (unfinished), and I'll try a few dozen
> >> frames. If it ends up working correctly, I could do the full render
> >> when you're done modeling.
> >
> > I tried a radiosity scene to see if it worked correctly. And indeed, I
> > have a problem... The progress bar goes *nuts* during the prerender
> > radiosity passes :) But that seems to be the only problem.
>
> [oops, accidentally sent before finishing]
>
> My offer stands: email me your sources and I'll render your animation
> using a few 8-cores and a dozen dual-cores :)

Thank you very much for the offer, but I managed to tie some of my own computers
together, and, using school resources, got it to render a lot quicker.  I posted
the 20 second animation on youtube, at the folowing location:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PekTXAfhQY

I admit it fell victim to Youtube's compression system, but that animation shows
of my entire house, including a few unrealistic passing through walls and glass.

I managed to do a trick with frames so that the roof only apears after you
enter, and therefore could do a drop into a room.

I will be duplicating this message in the animation section as well, but though
I should include a copy in the thread of this project.

As always, comments are welcome and greately appreciated.